Spyware and a-squared

BigRik 18:54 21 Jul 05

Hi people.

Could anyone please tell me 1)how many anti-spyware apps the average pc should have? I currently use 2 and have been advised not to use any more as they could all start conflicting with each other and 2)does the a-squared program essentially do the same job as the McAfee AVERT Stinger, which I already occasionally use?

If not, any opinions on which of the 2 (a-squared or AVERT) anyone finds most effective would be great.

Thanks all.

VoG II 18:57 21 Jul 05

The general rule is: only one anti-virus but as many anti-spyware as you like.

a² will deal with a lot more types of infections than Stinger - it is particularly good at finding and removing trojans.

I would advise that you get (at least) AntiSpyware click here as well.

stalion 18:59 21 Jul 05

you can safely use two or three anti-spyware programs should not be a problem A2 is a necessity and microsoft anti-spyware is worth having.Stinger looks for different malaware to A2 and other spyware programs.Another good addition if you do not have it is spywareblaster.
click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…