Spyware-spyaxe.net installed it's self in toolbar

Petewaka 00:34 31 Dec 05

Can anybody help with problem on my PC, I'm running XP home edition, with zone alarm and AVG, When I switched the PC on today a "system alert:spyware detected" popped up from the toolbar, two icons have installed themselves in the toolbar, one yellow and one looks like win-update which are constantly flashing and giving messages saying "your computer is infected!". When you click on them they immediately download to click here.
There are no programmes installed and I have ran ad-aware and a-squared but they have failed to delete these icons.
Can anyone suggest how I get rid of these please.
Thanks

rdave13 00:41 31 Dec 05

Once the good forum members tell you how to get rid of spyaxe then use Avast antivirus and a better firewall than you have!Also run MS antisrywaer and VOGtm's Ewido.

Leave you now to the experts.

esbe 00:49 31 Dec 05

might be some info for you here

click here

cheers.

rdave13 00:59 31 Dec 05

Type spyaxe in the "search forum" box above right and go through the results.

007al 01:02 31 Dec 05
  rdave13 01:05 31 Dec 05

An expert,thankgoodness.

Nellie2 01:22 31 Dec 05

You can't beat Nicks blog for spyaxe removal instructions.. which I have posted somewhere else here but here is the link again click here

rdave13 01:25 31 Dec 05

One of the best you are! Thank you for joining this thread.

Happy new year to you and family.

Nellie2 01:58 31 Dec 05

Thank you, same to you :-)

Petewaka 12:50 01 Jan 06

Many thanks to all responses, finally got rid of this malicious spyware, thanks inparticular to Rdave13, Nellie2 and the info from Esbe.
The Smitrem and Ewido got rid of one icon but to clear all you need to go into safe mode and delete files in C:\windows\system32 mssearchnet,ncompat,nvctrl,svchosts.dll and ioctrl.dll to completely clear this from PC.
Happy New Year to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…