Spyware software problems

Eileanbeag 10:21 20 Jul 05

I was using Ad aware and for some reason it was not running properly so I tried to uninstall it but it did not do so cleanly.

I installed Microsoft Antispy but it freezes whenever it comes to Ad aware and sometimes even closes down the computer. I tried again to uninstall Adaware and got the message "Could not open INSATALL.LOG file". Can anyone help?

gudgulf 10:50 20 Jul 05

You could try reinstalling Adaware over the top of the original.....that should allow you to remove it properly if you want.To be honest Adaware and MS Antispyware should work happily alongside each other (I have both)

Eileanbeag 10:55 20 Jul 05

ave tried that but it would not re-install either

gudgulf 11:26 20 Jul 05

Try downloading RegCleaner click here

Run it and tick the entries for Adaware/Lavasoft in the list it generates.This will remove the Adaware registry entries and allow you to reinstall.

If that does not work you can search for and delete any files/folders relating to Adaware/Lavasoft and then run a more general registry cleaner such as RegSeeker click here which should get rid of AdAware.

One other alternative,if this is a recent problem is to use System Restore to take the pc back to before the problem occurred.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…