SPYWARE REMOVAL SORROW

Steve-200657 00:00 02 Jul 04

Having recently downloaded and installed the freeware programme "spybot search and destroy", i did a system scan. I then followed the prompts to remove the identified files and carried on computing. However, I noticed that windows media player had stopped producing sound and the dialling tone had ceased when i was trying to access the internet, also that little annoying tune had stopped on start up. I have also recieved messages like ...dll.file not found on start up. Having system restored my computor to atime before spybot, everything works fine again but i'm left with no spyware removal programme. Does anyone else have these problems and is there any other recommended programmes out there.

johnnyrocker 00:20 02 Jul 04

you can go for adaware spywareblaster swatit all available from click here

johnny.

spuds 00:22 02 Jul 04

If it is the latest version of SpyBot that you are using, then there are some problems with this version and it as been mentioned within the forum.Do a PCA search for more info.

You can find a few programmes to choose from > click here click here

I use Adaware,SpyBot,Spyware Blaster which makes a very good combination.I am trial testing Spy Sweeper, which is giving good results.

sedgi 00:27 02 Jul 04

The jolly roger posted the same prob 01/07/04. Use system restore as you know this solves your problem. I recommend Adaware it does the job and I`ve had no trouble with it. click here

kev.Ifty 00:28 02 Jul 04

Spybot will detect programs that send infomation about your surfing habits back to the internet. Windows Media Player is one of them.
You can configure wmp not to send this info
but Spybot can also prevent it. It will not stop wmp working, also Spybot do'es have a recovery option incase you delete something you later find you want
reinstall Spybot(read the instructions it is important honest) click here

also ad-aware click here

and may i suggest you check your volume settings
LOL:-) Kev

spuds 00:29 02 Jul 04

Sorry, first link was for anti-virus. This will take you direct to the Spyware/Adaware section click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…