Spyware removal

Thomo1 23:02 29 Nov 04

Hey there, as u probbo know after reading my previous desperate plea for help my system died last week and ive had to wipe and re-format the HD.
Whilst doing this i deleted WEBROOT SPYSWEEPER from my system.
I seem to though have mislaid my SPYSWEEPER cd so cannot re-install it onto my computer.

Could you guys please recommend a good free spyware protection and removal tool please.

Muchos grathias

VoG II 23:06 29 Nov 04

Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here

Cook2 23:07 29 Nov 04
  stalion 23:08 29 Nov 04
  alan227 23:09 29 Nov 04

Adaware & Spybot
click here
click here

These are both good and free.

Thomo1 23:46 29 Nov 04

lol, watch me click away!!! Cheers guys.

i just tried to download spyware blaster but it has no certificate so i shipped it off!!!!!!
it probbo is a good legit prog but without the necessary certificates and signatures i aint gunna bother.

bukkaz 23:53 29 Nov 04

I wouldn't let that worry you. Used it for over a year. Seems an excellent programme. Maybe some others on here would confirm that as well. Used in conjunction with the others and spyguard have no problems at all with spyware.

Thomo1 23:57 29 Nov 04

u recommend using blaster and guard together???

i dont want to over complicate things and have too many security jobs running, clashing with each other.

i have NIS2005 but since finding Zonealarm i only use the anti-virus of NIS now as ZA firwall puts it to shame!!!

Thomo1 17:33 30 Nov 04

Spyware S & D has detected a few and fixed um but is there any progs out there that will prevent spy/adware infecting m??.

I never had anything on my system when i had SPYSWEEPER but i cant find the blasted disk!!!!

:-(

rawprawn 17:46 30 Nov 04

Why don't you re downlownload it, the people at Webroot are very helpful, just email them and ask for your registration number.You can run Spywareblaster, Spywareguard, Adawre, and Spybot together with no problems. I'm not sure what you mean by "certificate" but I assure you all the programs mentioned are well tried and approved of by many members of this forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017