Spyware Question

Bally 2k4 11:00 16 Feb 04

I have Ad-aware, Spybot and SpywareBlaster installed on my sytem and i as told by a mate that aso try click here , i am a newcomer to computers so =dont know which ones i should download of this page, are there any programmes on this page of which i can install on my pc and update like Adaware or spybot instead of just removal tools?

Thanks in advance for nay help.

Nellie2 11:10 16 Feb 04

Cool web shredder is for use if you have a cool web infection on your pc. Hijackthis is a tool that is useful if you know what you are doing, however a lot of what it lists is useful or even essential to the running of your PC so do not fix anything until you get advice.
If you are not having problems then I wouldn't worry about it but if you would like someone to look at a hijack log for you then click here
You say you are a newcommer to PC's I hope you have antivirus installed and updated as well as a firewall.

Indigo 1 11:16 16 Feb 04

You have plenty of potection already, as long as you have a good Anti-Virus prog and Firewall too. Every computer user will have suggestions for you to try software etc. but as long as you have the programs you mentioned and no problems you should be fine.

Bally 2k4 11:17 16 Feb 04

Yep, proud user of AVG free versionand Zonealarm

Bally 2k4 11:19 16 Feb 04

Ok thanks you two. I might try Hijakthis and post it on where Nellie2 said.

Indigo 1 13:34 16 Feb 04

You have exactly the same level of protection as me then, and I am well satisfied.

If you are new to PC's then this might be worth a read click here there are plenty of other sites which will help keep your PC running smooth and everyone has their favourites, but I'm sure you will make up you're own mind in time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…