Spyware Query

Hugo15 16:27 28 Jan 07

I currently run McAfee Internet Security Suite, use CCleaner to clear out cookies and block pop ups with the Google Tool Bar. I have read a lot on here about spyware and was wondering whether the set up I have is enough to prevent picking up spyware (it is keyloggers getting my credit card details I am most worried about). Could I install something like Windows Defender with McAfee or will this create a conflict? Will this help?

ACOLYTE 16:36 28 Jan 07

Im not a big McAfee fan to be honest even though i find the siteadvisor one of there better products.
Ccleaner as far as i know doesnt block popups,but it is still a good piece of kit to have,it cleans out rubbish files and cookies as you say.
Windows defender is also a good app to have and shouldnt conflict with Mcafee,although i dont use it so cant be 100% sure on that.

These are also good things to have:

click here
click here
click here

click here

click here

as i said i dont use Mcafee so cant guarentee these wont conflict,i would think its very unliky but somone else may help there.
the odds on you getting a key logger on your system are very low indeed so i wouldnt worry to much about it ).

postie24 16:45 28 Jan 07

If you use a wireless network,dont do any banking or credit card transactions this way

Postie24

Hugo15 18:50 28 Jan 07

Thanks.

Do programmes like spybot and spyware blaster run in the background or do you need to run them manually?

postie24 19:11 28 Jan 07

Just update spyware blaster,thats all thats needed,not sure about spybot,i dont use it,
Try this anti-spy ware,works well.You have to run it,unlike spyware blaster click here

Postie24

Nellie2 19:27 28 Jan 07

There is all sorts of advice out there but one of the best bits of advice that I could give anyone is this from TonyKlein... so how did I get infected in the first place!! click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…