Spyware protection: is ad-aware and spybot enough?

TimCDC 23:39 15 Jul 03

I see from many previous posts that ad-aware, spybot and spyware blaster are frequently mentioned. Is it necessary to run all three simultaneously? or once I have run one to ensure that my PC is "clean", will one be sufficient?
Thanks,

powerless 23:43 15 Jul 03

You've opened up a debate.

It's up to you TimCDC i run em' once a week, all they find is cookies. But on one scan they may find something nastier...

click here SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from ever being installed.

jazzypop 23:44 15 Jul 03

Spyware blaster just needs to be run once - it will then operate 'silently in the background'.

AdAware and Spybot need to be explicitly launched - I suggest once a week is enough. They are each capable of finding bad stuff that the other one does not. So yes, you need all three.

As importantly, check each week for updates to all three programs.

TimCDC 18:50 16 Jul 03

Thanks powerless and jazzypop. I've only been running ad-aware and spybot, but following your advice will now get spyware blaster. Tim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…