Spyware problems

nicholasmay 15:04 02 Nov 06

I would appreciate some assistance as I have very little PC Tech Skills .About 4 weeks ago my Kids downloaded some Bug/Spyware ( I had the Full McAffee Protection but they may have turned this off at the time ?).Anyway I purchased the Spyware Doctor and ran this and it identified over 100 problems but would not clean them .In the end I took the PC to a Computer Engineer advised Him what the problems were ( Crashing , Error Codes etc ).I advised Him that I needed to keep My EMails and My Documents and then would like the system cleaned and re loaded .I collected the PC and found that all of my Old Icons were still on My PC .I went to load McAfee as He had not reloaded this and when I restarted My PC started to get a whole load of error messages as before RPCSS Windows Caused an Error User .EXE , MSGRV32 ( not responding ) ,KERNEL32.DLL.etc . I attempted to delete McAffee and Spyware Docter but it would not allow me to do this but just crashed .I have since taken it back to Him explained all of this and received it back Yesterday .The engineer advised me that it was a problem with my McAffee Disk but I have tried loading other disks today and the same happens ie loads of different error messages in a Grey Box Yellow Triangle Mprexe has caused an error in ( unknown ).Mprexe will now close .When I try closing this to remove the grey box from the centre of the screen I get another message and so on untill the PC eventually does nothing because I assume that I have removed all of the error messages / programmes .I have advise the PC Engineer who after taking £40 from me is now stating that He will have to wipe the system clean ( which I asked him to do in the first place ) and charge me extra .He trecons that he spent 2 hours just restoring my old programmes but I do not see this and I asked Him why he did not load any of my uninstalled disks as He would have seen that MY PC was still Bugged /Crashing or what ever .Could anybody assist .Thanks

recap 15:12 02 Nov 06

For the mpr.exe error:
The message means that the password file has been corrupted. Solution is to delete all .pwl files. To do so, go to Start/Search
Use *.pwl as a search term. When the files are found, delete them. Restart your system.

Deleting .pwl files will mean that you will have to re-enter all passwords you have been using.

bluto1 19:28 02 Nov 06

I suggest that you install cCleaner click here check it for updates and run it.
Trust it. I`ve put ths in as a starter and to bump your thread up a bit so someone else with more expertise can help. `Luck to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…