Spyware Problems

ventanas 09:02 08 Sep 04

After offspring had been using my home machine I had some problems with spyware at the weekend, which I thought I had fixed, but soon had cause for doubt. A scan with Pestpatrol produced some dubious results, so I tried the free version of this click here It discovered two trojans, one toolbar and one phisher, which I am now confident have been destroyed. I just wondered if anyone has used this program, and is it worth paying the subscription for ($29.95 per year) as the usual freebies failed to find these things.

Needless to say offspring's account has now been removed. I wouldn't mind but he's got his own laptop which cost me a grand.

Old Shep 09:10 08 Sep 04

Have you tried Spywarebalster - its free - probably does the same job (I hope) as I have it.

Old Shep 09:11 08 Sep 04

Sorry forgot click here

ventanas 09:13 08 Sep 04

I've got all the usual freebies, including Spywareblaster. They didn't stop or find these.

rawprawn 09:53 08 Sep 04

I have used webroot products before, and found them very good. Although I haven't used this particulAR ONE.

spuds 10:58 08 Sep 04

I use Webroot Spy Sweeper, and it seems to do the business. PCWorld have it in stock, and it was recently available for £19.95 on special offer, but believe it as now gone up to £29.95.

Would suggest that you use the trial version before you decide and pay.

ventanas 11:59 08 Sep 04

Rawprawn and Spuds, thanks very much. I have decided to buy it. It does seem much more capable than the free programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…