spyware pigeon axlm

Davith 10:09 24 Feb 08

My spyware package has picked up the above bit of spyware but is unable to delete it. It has put it into quarantine so I assume this is safe! The package is "Virgin Broadbands PCguard". Has anybody any knowledge on pigeon axlm and how dangerous it is?

Have had this recently and deleted it from quarantine then rebuilt my system now it has appeared again on the new rebuild.

Only thing I have done is update Adobe Flashplayer. Also Adobe reader to version 8. Have done this on another system without the spyware problem so I do not think this is linked.

birdface 10:14 24 Feb 08

Looks like it could be a false positive.Try updating PC guard and try again. click here

ackers 11:33 27 Feb 08

I got this spyware pigeon axlm on my laptop, and decided to download "PC Guard" to replace "Ntl Netguard" and as far as I know, its cured the problem. But to get the anti-spyware on "PC Guard" you have to upgrade to their "Size L" (4mb) speed broadband. I wonder if this is a coincidence?

mfletch 12:10 27 Feb 08

When it is picked up again is its location in the system volume?

This is your system restore and nothing to worry about unless you do a system restore,

To clean out the system restore turn it off and then wait a minute then turn it back on again,

mfletch

Davith 17:26 06 Mar 08

As people suggested it looks like a false positive. Found Pigeon in the registery with regedit. Deleted this with no ill effects. Fingers crossed I may now be in the clear.

brundle 17:30 06 Mar 08

I've seen Avast and Superantispyware pick up and remove things that PCGuard didn't detect or couldn't get rid of, I have no faith in it as protection for a PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced