spyware or corrupt internet exp

just after logging onto the internet(bt broadband 576kps)I got 2 dialers downloaded into my system.I deleted them both but they had loaded a unknown btopenworld dialer number and username to what Ican only guess was a premium rate dialer (luckily I have a premium rate bar on my phone line and I just got knocked out of the internet.I resolved this problem with bt but they told me to delete adaware as running this with spyware blaster was causing a conflict that stopped this dialer being picked up.so on their advice I deleted adaware 6 before scanning for the problem dialer.this has now left me unable to use anything on the internet bar (e-bay)effectively as I can no longer download anything from the internet including adaware from this site I cannot do a system restore. i have no idea what the file is called so when looking I don't know if I have found it.Without a disk the only solution I can see is try to get adaware e-mailed any suggestions.I am running xp pro with zonealarm,spyware blaster and avg 7 none of these pick anything up.

Diodorus Siculus 18:34 10 Dec 04

click here
Repair IE which may help.

JIM 19:06 10 Dec 04

with broadband.

Normally, anyone who has disconnected their 56K modem link(if that be the case )would not be troubled with a dialer problem as you discribe.(Though that information does not help you unfortunately)

Have you tried a repair or a re-install of IE,then check out your system with Stinger and HijackThis?(you may find those programs plus others from a mag give away disk etc.)

JIM 19:09 10 Dec 04

Sorry for repeating the IE repair etc,was typing and posted straight off without looking.

Diodorus Siculus 19:26 10 Dec 04

JIM - no need to apologise; I was not sure what to suggest here - it is a little complex.

thanks,the trouble is I can't download repair ie. as soon as I try the page freezes and task manager says program not responding.I can for instance go through this site through downloads but as soon as I hit the down load button to down load adaware etc the page becomes non respnsive.last night I tried to look for the program in system policies but could not access. it seems that this has got me all ends up at the moment.I do feel that it was bloody stupid to delete adaware 6 whitout scanning first but you go by the so called experts advice.I have e-mailed lavasoft to see if there is a disk I can get but I'm stillwaiting for a reply.It just goes to show that you can't cover everything.

rômanab 20:38 10 Dec 04

To repair Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x for Windows XP:

Note: Before proceeding, ensure that your Microsoft Windows XP CD-ROM is available.
1. From the Start menu, choose Run.
2. In the Open field, type sfc /scannow
3. Click the OK button.
4. Restart the computer when the System File Checker program finishes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…