Spyware, A Note Of Caution

IZZY 20:16 14 Jan 03
  IZZY 20:16 14 Jan 03

In the event that anyone who is interested in Spyware removers/blockers is tempted by the link which is included with the recent newsletter from FreshDevices (FreshUI Tweaking Tool etc. etc.), it might be worthwhile reading this review....

click here

before going to that particular site.

I wish I'd read this before I clicked on the link.

Regards,

IZZY

graham 20:25 14 Jan 03

Spooky!

MAJ 20:36 14 Jan 03

Brass Balls, indeed.

Mad Boy 20:46 14 Jan 03

Those con artists!

SpyMan²°°­­³ 21:21 14 Jan 03

It makes me wander what i have agreed to when installing a programme and just to be quick i press "ACCEPT AGREEMENT" in a hurry

SpyMan²°°­­³ 21:21 14 Jan 03

It makes me wander what i have agreed to when installing a programme and just to be quick i press "ACCEPT AGREEMENT" in a hurry

darksky 21:42 14 Jan 03

thanks for the info

Foolsbane_1 22:31 14 Jan 03

I been using FreshDevices download manager for a long time now. But if they are going to be associated with this kind of scam I would rather have nothing to do with them. Time to look for an alternative.

IZZY 12:32 15 Jan 03

Foolsbane_1

My thoughts entirely. Fortunately, after letting it scan and finding a few 'spyware' cookies, I didn't go any further and uninstalled it "toot sweet" (sic). I'm sending an e-mail to FreshDevices complaining about the link.

Regards

IZZY

Foolsbane_1 12:52 15 Jan 03

I confess that I did not read the FD newsletter in question so don't feel entitled to complain. I am very pleased to hear that someone will be doing so, however. My hope would be that reputable companies would get the very clear message that their hard-won good name is at risk when they allow it to be used for less than reputable purposes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…