Spyware not deleting

hiwatt 20:57 18 Jun 07

Good evening folks,I have avg antispyware with real time protection installed and I also scan with spybot and spyware terminator but when I scan with avg it keeps finding the same 10 or so tracking cookies even after deleting them?.Paypal is one of them.How dangerous are tracking cookies?Could this paypal one have access to account details etc?Why are they still there after deleting them?Any help is much appreciated,thankyou.

SANTOS7 21:01 18 Jun 07

click here

This may help..

spuds 21:10 18 Jun 07

Some cookies may be safe to leave on your computer, especially if you intend to make a later purchase or use of a particular website that requires cookies installed.

hiwatt 21:41 18 Jun 07

Thanks folks.SANTOS7 I'm using firefox and I followed the advice in the link and deleted all the cookies but when I scanned with avg it found 13 this time another 3 as well as the same 10 it just "deleted"?

skidzy 22:05 18 Jun 07

Try using ccleaner to remove the cookies click here

Also Adaware click here

SANTOS7 22:09 18 Jun 07

did you edit the privacy settings as explained in the link..

hiwatt 22:41 18 Jun 07

Yes I edidted the settings as explained.Also I use ccleaner and adaware doesn't find anything.It seems to be only avg that's finding these and it's rating them as a medium threat.But straight after deleting them when I scan(even after reeboot)it's finding the exact same ones?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…