Spyware New.net or Newdotnet

J. I. 17:27 06 Feb 05

I have used Adaware. Spybot search and destroy. and the beta version of Microsoft Spyware to remove the above Spyware. Despite removing all traces from my Comp. On start up I recieve the following window. RUDLL, A red x in a circle and the message--error loading c:\program\newdot~\newdot~2.dll
The specific module could not be found. This is stated as being high risk spyware, yet removing all traces of it it still appears on the Desktop at start up. Anyone encountered this and know the answer to removing it completely. Your help appreciated.

VoG II 17:29 06 Feb 05

Start, Run, type in

msconfig

and click OK. Look for the newdot entry on the Startup tab and untick it.

johnnyrocker 17:30 06 Feb 05

if you have xp i would suggest trying disable system restore and scan again, also try in safe mode if still unable, and have a look in add/remove progs see i any ref to it in there.

johnny.

Dan the Confused 17:31 06 Feb 05

It's a remnant left in the registry. Running a registry cleaner will fix it, such as RegSeeker click here

J. I. 19:41 06 Feb 05

Have tried Start-Run-msconfig and unticked and applied the changes twice. Run the reg scan twice and deleted it. Each time I restart Comp, it is back again. Spyware regard it as high risk. It is determined not to be dislodged. Anyone know the answer

stalion 19:51 06 Feb 05

did you turn off system restore when you scanned as it is probably hiding in a restore point

Dan the Confused 20:04 06 Feb 05

Before doing anything else, download WinsockFix click here as removing NewDotNet can break your internet connection. Have you looked in Add/Remove Programs as suggested?

VoG II 20:04 06 Feb 05

Try a manual removal click here

Download click here first in case you lose your internet connectivity.

Dan the Confused 20:07 06 Feb 05

More info click here

J. I. 21:27 06 Feb 05

My thanks to all of you for your advice. This is a nasty piece of spyware. Its not evident anywhere except in the start menu, and refuses all efforts to remove it. I will vere on the side of safety and d/load the removal program from newdotnets own web site onto floppy as suggested by Dan. this way I can re-use it each time it re-appears. Do not have a floppy drive, so will use my friends. When I have completed this will post my results to all of you. Many thanks for now for allyour help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…