spyware marketscore

EARLR 19:51 05 Jun 05

Norton a/v has found: rk.bin,rus.dll,rlvknlg.exe.
spyware. Where did I get it ? How do I remove it ?

Joe R 19:56 05 Jun 05

hope you've got a lot of time.

click here

Joe R 20:13 05 Jun 05

EARLR,
I think the bit you require is as follows.

Delete the following files and folders:
C:\winnt\system32\rlvknlg.exe

EARLR 20:54 05 Jun 05

Do I use search to find it and delete it?
I am nervous about going "under tht hood"

Joe R 21:14 05 Jun 05

EARLR,

First go to all programs-accessories-system tools-system restore, and click on system restore settings. Tick the box saying, "turn off system restore on all drives" and click on apply.

You will then have to go to my computer, and click on tools-folder options-view, and click on "show hidden files and folders",
then click on your "c" drive, (assuming this is where XP is installed) and click on the system32 folder. Scroll down to find the rlvknlg.exe file, right click on it and delete whilst holding down one of the shift keys on your keyboard.

Reboot, and run another scan, and if all is ok, turn system restore back on. (just a reversal of the former procedure.

EARLR 21:37 05 Jun 05

Do you thank I should set a restore point first? Just in case.

Joe R 21:47 05 Jun 05

EARLR,

no I believe the infection will be in the restore point, as the system32 folder is integral to this procedure.

I would also download the following, and keep them up to date, and this will stop the same thing happening.
All are free.

click here
click here
click here

EARLR 22:06 05 Jun 05

Have ad aware & spy bot,will get Spyware Blaster and try your suggestion tomorrow. Its getting late here. (Spain)
Will let you what happens.

EARLR 10:19 06 Jun 05

Followed your inst. found rivknig in system32 folder . Windows wont let me delete it. says it in inuse.

iambeavis 12:34 06 Jun 05

"Remove on reboot" -click here

"Killbox" - download link in the first posting - click here

EARLR 16:17 06 Jun 05

I will try "Remove on reboot" and report back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…