Spyware / Malware

Tinker Bell 15:49 30 Apr 08

How many anti Spyware/Malware programmes should someone have installed?

When I looked at File hippo, there are far to many to choose from, does it matter which programme I choose?

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:57 30 Apr 08

One AV such as AVG click here or Avast
click here (both free editions) and one antispy prog that runs in the background such as Spyware Terminator (also free) click here

You could have Spybot in reserve but this is all you will need and it will cost nothing as well. click here

Don't bother paying for any AVs or spyware progs for home use.

G

G

johndrew 16:00 30 Apr 08

Only ONE anti-virus program, but within reason you are not limited to the number of anti-Spyware/Malware programs. However, if they are active they will use resources, so most people seem to have an active program (Defender/Spyware Terminator or similar) and a couple of `on demand` scanners (Spybot S&D/a-squared/Ad-Aware or similar).

Tinker Bell 16:12 30 Apr 08

Cheers both of you, can I confirm as I'm confused, you know that spyware terminator, when I clicked on the link it says "AntiVirus" included, I already have anti virus installed, will it be OK if I download spyware terminator from that link?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:22 30 Apr 08

Try SuperAntispyware instead click here

mfletch 17:20 30 Apr 08

You can still use spyware terminator but do not install the antivirus part I think it gives you this option when you install it,

Tinker Bell 17:27 30 Apr 08

OK, done

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now