//some 3rd party need geo

Spyware, Mal.. oh the lot

dlguk 17:31 31 May 05

I have been using 'Counterspy' for about a month, mostly all I get are cookies. Recently however some one on a PC connected to mine (via Netgear router)visited some XXX sites, since then both machines have been inundated with unwanted and seemingly hazardous junk.
Can anyone tell me if a port has been opened and what I can do about it. My Windows Firewall cannot even be accessed " do you want to start the Windows firewall/ICS" yes "Cannot start ICS".

Thank you in advance

dlg

madPentium 17:52 31 May 05

if you have a router why would you want internet connection sharing on a pc? there are sites u can do a free port test, just do a search in google

VoG II 17:56 31 May 05
  dlguk 21:58 31 May 05

I have a netgear router with firewall plugged into the micro filter and the other pc is connected to the router, am I doing something wrong, madPentium????

I am getting rather desperate here, things are worse every time I bootup, Can anyone help. I have more task bars forced on and popups which I never got. Am I looking at a XP Pro reinstall? Any simple answers for a simple guy.

Dlg

dlguk 22:05 31 May 05

but even if I did read all that I doubt if I would understand it and with all the stuff I am getting I am beginning to feel that these sites may be doing the same thing (if they are 'free', you get my drift?)

Nellie2 22:48 31 May 05

The link VoG gave you was for Shields UP, an excellent online tester for checking the vulnerability of your network sharing and general PC security.

If you want help getting rid of the spyware/malware on your computer then post a hijackthis log in the Malware Removal forum click here

dlguk 09:51 01 Jun 05

Shields Up has scanned my PC and of 1056 ports, all are found to be STEALTH. I will register with Malware removal and hope I manage to use it properly but as I have a few other little problems I am still thinking of a reformat (they are only minor irritations but this stuff is getting too much).

EARLR 15:46 01 Jun 05

Tried the test in your link, it found 2 open ports. How do I close them ?
THANKS

dlguk 19:00 01 Jun 05

I am glad that my (evermounting) problem has been of help to someone. Ty VoG but the scan looked like a lawn, I am at a total loss. Counterspy just ran and apart from the odd cookie, 43 severe and hundreds of infected registry keys. What would your suggestion be?
no no a waste of a bullet :-)

dlg

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…