spyware hijacked Norton!

lelole76 10:27 11 Jul 05

The other day I found I could not access the internet, as every page that I tried came up with a DNS server error page.
My email was working fine. Finally I found that in in the program control section of NIS 2005 firewall, several programs had appeared (most of the program titles I couldn't type here let's just say...). All of these programs had a "permit all" designation, and Internet Explorer had been given a "block all", I changed this, and the internet is working fine again.
These programs are still showing in Norton though, and the file location listed is incorrect as the folder is now empty, but it didn't ever show the files that NIS thinks were in there... Is there anything more I can do to get rid of the files from NIS, and are they still on my computer? Also what was the likely reason for these programs, can they have stolen any of my info? Are they spyware? Spybot didn't find anything?

Any help gratefully recieved!

VoG II 11:12 11 Jul 05

Scan with AntiSpyware click here and a² click here

lelole76 11:45 11 Jul 05

Thanks VoG... I have downloaded both of these and they didn't find anything. I also remembered i had Adaware installed, and ran that - nothing there either. The programs are still showing on Norton, is there anything else I can try?

jimv7 11:56 11 Jul 05

uninstall norton, download and install free avg anti-virus from www,grisoft.com

or free avast from click here

free sygate firewall from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…