spyware help

patso 22:27 16 May 07

Adware:Adware/Comet Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Screensavers.com\SSSInst\BIN\SSSInst.dll how can i remove this spyware.will adaware do it thanks

MAJ 22:31 16 May 07

Try Superantispyware. click here

rawprawn 08:22 17 May 07

If that doesn't work, have a look here.
click here

patso 13:11 17 May 07

thanks MAJ and rawprawn i will try both and post back, cheers patso

patso 13:12 17 May 07

ps any ideas how this stuff got on my pc as it showed up in a panda on line scan, thanks again

rawprawn 13:32 17 May 07

Did you download a Screensaver?

skidzy 15:12 17 May 07

As Rawprawn says or possibly bundled with something else that has been downloaded.

If im correct in thinking,you may have a toolbar related to Funweb or something similar to Smiley Central installed on your system or Msn messenger Plus.Try this also click here

If this is indeed the case,you may need a lot more help to rid this from the system as this may have mutiple registry entries and will need manual removal.

Try the above and if no joy, download HJT and save to your desktop.Run the scan and post the log click here DO NOT tinker with the HJT scan results,this is a powerful program and you could render your machine useless if used incorrectly.
Let the experts advise accordingly.

patso 13:24 19 May 07

thanks,i posted back earlier but i must have done something wrong as it did not get thru,ok i downloaded sas and ran it.it found 5 tracking cookies which i deleted.i ran regedit and could not find DM server but thr folder c\programme files comet systems is on my hard drive.i will tyr hijack this and see how things work out and post back,also super anti spy ware sais something about java affecting the prog when i was installing it?any ideas or do i need an update on java and if so where do i get ut from,sorry for all the questions and thanks again

patso 13:39 19 May 07

thanks raven im not sire what version i have installed do you recommend getting the latest version?thanks again

rawprawn 14:35 19 May 07

Yes, get the latest version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos