Spyware Guard

glen2409 18:37 04 Jul 05

Hi,

What do people think of this program? I use it but have noticed the definitions havent been update since last year and wonder how useful it now is.

Thanks

VoG II 18:39 04 Jul 05

I still run it but I'm not sure how useful it really is with Microsoft AntiSpyware giving real-time protection.

glen2409 18:42 04 Jul 05

I just think they havent updated for so long and the defs are over a year old if its now worth having and its use

dogbreath1 19:22 04 Jul 05

I still have it installed because it offers heuristic/generic real time protection which doesn't rely on the detection of specific signatures. However, the signature database is getting somewhat long in the tooth. As already stated, Microsoft Antispyware Beta offers an alternative, although in recent weeks I've read a number of threads relating to how little this application seems to pick up. Another application, also operating in real time is PrevX click here
which also utilises a heuristic based scanning engine which can detect unknown variants of known signatures. It last updated 10/03/05 I seem to think. Unlike AV progs and firewalls, real time antispyware applications seem happy to coexist without conflict so you do have the option of retaining SpywareGuard whilst improving your defenses with another similar application.

VCR97 19:31 04 Jul 05

It uses heuristics and so updates very infrequently. See click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…