Spyware found by MS antispyware

Rhuddlan 19:53 13 Jun 05

I have installed MSN Messenger plus, and after scanning with Microsoft Antispyware it found one piece of spyware which was caused by msn messenger plus it has a moderate threat level and is saying that it requires attention, I chose to ignore it as I want to keep it, any ideas?

bremner 19:55 13 Jun 05

What was the spyware called?

VoG II 19:55 13 Jun 05

Uninstall Messenger Plus.

Clean up the spyware.

Reinstall Messenger Plus (if you must) paying careful attention NOT to accept the "extras" (spyware) that it wants to install.

Rhuddlan 20:00 13 Jun 05

It is called Messenger Plus (Software Bundler) and has two entries in Program Files and loads of registry entries. I never choose the option to install the sponsers during installation so can't understand why this is showing as spyware?

bremner 20:03 13 Jun 05

Heres some FAQ on MSN Plus click here

Rhuddlan 22:00 13 Jun 05

Done as Vog suggested, cheers.

Rhuddlan 00:41 17 Jun 05

This still appears as spyware, I want to keep msn messenger plus, is having it on my system doing any damage? MS antispyware said it is a threat, whilst ad aware and spybot don't pick it up!

Rhuddlan 02:11 17 Jun 05

Now, I can't sign into msn messenger! Help I'm at my witts end!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…