spyware etc. advice

joe95 13:24 11 Nov 06

Having recently been the victim of internet fraud twice I am a little concerned about banking online again, I am running XPHome everything update,spybotS&D, avg and Adaware all kept uptodate.
Do I need anything else to protect myself if I bank online again or if the threat is always there can it be minimised.
Thanks

Probabilitydrive 13:43 11 Nov 06

dealing with I-net fraud is opening a can of worms.
Best advise is to get informed!
A few links to get you on the way:
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

PD

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:49 11 Nov 06

Basic protection for any PC should included:-

1 Firewall (not Windows built in,(may be a hardware one built into your router and a software firewall) Comodo Personal Firewall 2.0 click here is on the cover DVD of Jan issue PCA
ZoneAlarm click here

1 Antivirus software Avast4 click here or
AVG antivirus click here

1 realtime scanner for antispyware Windows Defender click here

1 blocker for antispyware Spywareblaster click here

1 back up scanner for antispyware.
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here

Even then it si possible to be caught out. if care is not taken when using the net.

Nellie2 16:32 11 Nov 06

GetSafe Online has some useful advice and links click here

joe95 16:54 11 Nov 06

Thanks everyone taken your advice but installed Windows Defender but each time it tries to update get error message code ox80004002

postie24 17:30 11 Nov 06

Hi joe95,do you do any banking transactions using a wireless connection.If so this could be where your having problems with internet fraud.Even the max security on a wireless connection can be dangerous to use for any sort of transaction involvng money

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:45 11 Nov 06

If I had been the victim of Internet fraud twice I would be looking closer to home. The chances of a home computer being hacked and all your passwords taken is the same as winning the Euro Lotto, in spite of what some paranoid sites maintain.

G

Probabilitydrive 22:15 11 Nov 06

joe95

Your Windows defender woes may be solved by uninstalling you current version (1.1.1592.0) and installing the newest version (1.1.1593.0)

For how to do it >
(click here;

Probabilitydrive 22:16 11 Nov 06

OOOps please try click here

joe95 23:07 11 Nov 06

postie24
no I don't use wireless connection
GANDALF
enlighten me on "nearer home" please
Probabilitydrive
thanks for the link, you could be right I had problems when I logged on again and had to restore

joe95 23:24 11 Nov 06

Have installed latest Defender but still getting error message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…