spyware doctor and trojan dialler

boo_hiss_boo 21:53 11 Aug 04

Pleeeease help. I downloaded a registry cleaner from here a couple of days ago from one of my threads and today I have run spyware doctor which says the registry cleaner that I downloaded has 'C-Dilla' infection. The more I seem to try to protect myself, the worse state I am getting into.

I run a virus scan every day and I have taken advice from here over the last few days, but today aswell, I have Trojan Dialler.10.bc (which avg seems to have put into my virus vault)

Although I know viruses are bad, it is the worry that somebody can 'hack' into my pc and get passwords etc that really freaks me out.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

VoG II 21:58 11 Aug 04

Try running a² click here

If that doesn't work, post a HJT list click here

boo_hiss_boo 22:20 11 Aug 04

Vog

what do the links do? I don't want to appear rude or paranoid, but I seem to be downloading stuff and getting into more problems. Can you explain to me what they are, please.

Boo

bertiecharlie 22:22 11 Aug 04

Information about cdilla click here
from PestPatrol.

Some anti spyware programmes, for example, SpySweeper, class it as spyware, others, like PestPatrol, do not. (Even SpySweeper tells you to be careful about removing it as the programme it comes with may not function).

boo_hiss_boo 22:41 11 Aug 04

Bertie

thanks for the link, I read the macrovision FAQ page and they GUARANTEE that no information is gathered or shared from the Cilla-d files. This makes me feel easier.

I think sometimes that I panic a bit about the info that I read and then download the protection, then I read something else, and I download that too.... I am sure I am becoming a computer hypochondriac!

stalion 22:44 11 Aug 04

if you are not sure check on here first before you download any new protection.Regards

VoG II 22:48 11 Aug 04

My first click here is to a virus/trojan scanner that is perfectly safe.

The second is a way to post a log of the stuff that is running on your 'puter. Harmless. But somebody (probably Nellie2) will sort you out.

boo_hiss_boo 22:50 11 Aug 04

Stalion

yes, I will. I feel like I am a real pest though at the moment.

Also

can I apologise to Vog, I didn't mean any offence to you by asking about the links. I am in the process of downloading the a2 link. Is this gonna be in place of any of what I have downloaded so far

zone alarm
avg
spybot
spydoc
regscrub
spwareblaster

(do I seem like I'm a little over anxious at all !?)

stalion 22:53 11 Aug 04

a2 does not replace any of the programs you already have you need them.Also you are not being a pest better safe than sorry.Regards

stalion 22:58 11 Aug 04

Also if you have not got this you need it.After download update.Ad-aware S E peronal
click here

boo_hiss_boo 23:26 11 Aug 04

Stalion

downloaded the adaware link an so far up to 164 new critical objects

I will keep going and post a new thread if I need any help once the results come through

Vog

I really do hope I have not offended you..... If I have, I apologise :o))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…