SPYWARE DOCTOR 4 HANGS UP ON WIN 98 SE

mesmd 06:54 17 Sep 06

HI,
I've purchased spyware doctor from PC UTILS. It installs and runs well on my Win XP computer, however, it locks up after installing on my WIn 98 se
computer. It takes their support a week between answering suggestions and, if not correct, my response to their support takes another 1 week to 10 days for their next response!!

I've threatened to have my credit card refunded if the problem can't be remedied on the Win 98se and buy their competitor, and probably rated better, SPY SWEEPER.

I thought, before doing the above, you guys might have had some experience using SPY DOCTOR and be able to help me with this problem.

Thanks for any help,

Miles

PS. I have no malare, trojans, or viruses.
CPU Pentium 4 512mb ram, 80 gb HD OS Win98se

Gongoozler 08:39 17 Sep 06

Hi mesmd. I don't have any experience of Spyware Doctor, but when I was running Windows 98se AdAware would appear to hang when in fact it was deep scanning certain files. It would appear to do nothing for what I think was a few minutes and then continue with reporting the files it was scanning.

I really don't think you will get anywhere with trying to get your credit card refunded. Spyware Doctor is working on Windows XP, so the disk isn't faulty. Presumably many users are getting the software to work on their Windows 98se installations otherwise a Google search would yield loads of complaints, and anyway you are only licensed to use the program on one computer according to this quote from the EULA

"if you wish to use the Software on more than one computer at the same time, you may make an additional copy upon receipt of written consent from PC Tools and upon payment of an additional licence fee as stipulated by PC Tools"

johnnyrocker 09:39 17 Sep 06

how much ram on the xp machine?

johnny.

mesmd 10:28 17 Sep 06

Johnny,

Both the Win XP and the Win98se machines have 512 mb of Ram

Miles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…