Spyware Doctor

PCUser161 23:04 31 May 07

I'm wondering if anyone uses this and could tell me a little more about it. Is it a good program for what it is supposed to do?

Forum Editor 07:02 01 Jun 07

it should be in the Helproom, or Consumerwatch.

I'll move it to the Helproom.

personally i wouldnt pay for anything except a full security suite. the free trial gives you realtime protection but wont remove anything unless you pay, which always makes me suspicious, i do however use pc tools reg mechanic 6.
plenty of good freebies here
click here

FatboySlim71 08:06 01 Jun 07

I have used Spyware Doctor for quite a while now and I am very impressed with it, it is very thorough and mine often picks up nasties that other anti spyware programs miss.

Obviously most if not all trial versions of anti spyware programs won't allow you to remove any nasties that it has found else otherwise there would be no reason to purchase the program if this were the case.

Personally I highly recommend Spyware Doctor.

i just wonder if anyone has ran the trial version and it not find anything to remove, call me paranoid perhaps!

i suppose what makes me think along these lines is i reg mech from the same company which i still use because i paid for it. when i first installed it (trial) it found 287 problems which it fixed after i pated with cash, nearly a year later after changing operating systems twice and installing and uninstalling many many program it only ever finds one or two, that makes me wonder!

Probabilitydrive 08:54 01 Jun 07

Ive been running this application for 3 years now. Its very user friendly, has a clear and uncluttered layout. In the past it did fog down innocent cookies as potential spy ware items but this has been fixed in PC tools latest versions.

PC Tool release updated daily and they install very quickly. Scanning types are divided in 'Quick and Full' and in general do not bog down your system (subject to your sys specs of course).

PC Tool recently released a version with integrated Anti-Virus feature which was not well received and caused a lot of grief (system lock ups..unable to access browser...etc.)

I installed and after spending some frustrating time uninstalled this version. Currently I run Spy ware Doctor version 4.1 and its as quick and nippy and thorough as i came to appreciate it.

A far as a paid for application goes, I'm happy with this application.

Probabilitydrive 08:55 01 Jun 07

fog=flog
updated=updates

birdface 09:05 01 Jun 07

I used to have the free version of Spyware Doctor,I thought it was a great program,Then they up-graded it for a year and brought in the full time protection which I did not like,it would not let you into some of your regular sites even though you new there was nothing wrong with them,In the end I cancelled the full time protection,Cancelled the scan at start up,And just ran it as a back up to my other Spyware Programs,It was the best back up program that I ever had.Then it came to the point where I had to pay for it ,Or delete it,I deleted it,But if I could afford it,It would be back on my computer to-day.And before anybody else jumps in and tells me that is not the way to run S/Doctor it is the way that worked for me,It will hog your start up if you do it the normall way.

Input Overload 11:23 01 Jun 07

I have the full edition & I'm very pleased with it, recommended.

Meshuga 17:29 01 Jun 07

PCUser161, I recently installed it and it caused so much trouble on my PC that I had to uninstall it. It is known to take up a lot of resources and can slow your PC. I contacted the supplier in Germany who refunded my money immediately without question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…