spyware doctor

kingussie 15:11 28 Oct 06

I have downloaded the above and of course it finds 29 problems on my Hardrive. It now wants me to sign up. I have all the usual CC, Regscrub,etc. Is this genuine or is there a similar download which is free for removal of what it finds. Seems suspicious that it finds problems and then wants paid..dont mind if they are genuine

VoG II 15:14 28 Oct 06
  Scouter 15:17 28 Oct 06

If the programme is PC Toosl Spyware Doctor I can recommend it - I have been using it for 9 months now. I did read about it and its sister programme Regitry Mechanic in the mag and as they were what I was looking for I paid and downloaded them.

GEEKSTA 15:28 28 Oct 06

If you want to carry on using spyware doctor and not pay for it like i do ;
what you do is you scan your computer and when or if it finds any spyware it will tell you where the sypware is located.
If the sypware is a cookie just go to tools internet options and delete you history.
If the spyware is in the registry open regedit up and delete it from there.
If it is a file, locate it and delete.
Simple as really. I've been doing that for about 1 year!

kingussie 16:04 28 Oct 06

I have tried to remove Spyware doctor to try the others as Vog suggested but am unable to uninstal. The uninstall starts and then freezes and I then have to do Contol AltDelete to get back to a clean screen. Can someone suggest a way of uninstalling it

birdface 16:15 28 Oct 06

Take it you tried Add Remove progrms to get rid of it.Try This, click here

kingussie 16:22 28 Oct 06

yes of course and tried CC remove programs and that also nfailed...followed your link on the removal for taskbar but exit was greyed out so no luck there !

birdface 16:37 28 Oct 06

Can only suggest you download Spyware Doctor again, Close it from the quick start, And then remove it from Add Remove ,I think if it is greyed out ,it has files missing, So reinstall + then delete.Thats what i would do, But if you are not short of a bob or two, Pay for it, It's an excelent program,

kingussie 16:49 28 Oct 06

It has found all sorts of diallers etcetc so if you think it is good and better than the freebies then I dont mind paying..does this clean up my harddrive completely as I want to pass my PC on to my son and dont want any crap left hanging around. Am on Broadband so the diallers are not a problem but would be if on dial up

kingussie 18:39 28 Oct 06

Now what do I do...downloaded Super AntiSpyware as suggested by VoG and it found only 2 Cookies whereas Spydoctor says it found 29 various diallers etc so I am confused

birdface 21:43 28 Oct 06

I know that you get some very good free programs, But if you want that little bit extra, You have to pay,Ewido, A Squared are 2 good freebies,If you dont want to part with any money, Try this,click here This is an excellent Program, And its free, It takes a while to finish, But your computer should run a lot better after it,Make sure you just run the full scan,And not to download the full program, If you want to run the full program afterwards, I think you get the first 3 or 4 months free, Worth having,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5