nikef 15:51 19 Oct 06

is it ok to have spyware doctor,on win xp
will it live happy together
with
spyware blaster, spybot search and destroy and adaware

or have i over done it

thanks

Jackcoms 15:56 19 Oct 06

You've possibly overdone it - but they will live happily together.

nikef 16:03 19 Oct 06

thanks jackcoms

so if it does slow my pc down

which ones are the best to keep

thanks for quick response

FatboySlim71 16:05 19 Oct 06

I have Spybot search and destroy and Spyware doctor, given that Spybot is only running when you click on its icon it should cause no problems with Spyware Doctor, you can either have Spyware Doctor running all the time in the taskbar by going into Spyware doctors settings then startup settings and ticking or unticking depending on your choice the run at windows startup option.

Belatucadrus 16:09 19 Oct 06

It should live with them OK, but in my opinion you are in danger of overdoing it. One real time protector like Windows Defender and Spywareblaster to block stuff should be enough, add one backup scanner like S&D if you want, it should be more than sufficient.
If you intend to add Spyware Doctor I'd get rid of either S & D or AdAware, whatever you chose.

nikef 16:13 19 Oct 06

thanks to

fatboyslim71 and belatucadrus

i will get rid of adaware

cheres

FatboySlim71 16:20 19 Oct 06

I always never have any anti spyware programs running perminantly running in the task bar, I always have several anti spyware programs that I manually run one after another! before I switch my PC off, doing it this way you are not going to run into program conflicts as there is only one anti spyware program running at a time and also your system won't slow down because you have too many anti spyware programs running all the time on the task bar.

nikef 16:34 19 Oct 06

well i had already downloaded spyware doctor

and as my pc is not a fast pc it slowed it right down,took age to open windows,so i'v desided to stick with what i already have,and uninstalled syware doctor,at least it was only a trial one,so i have not lost my money

thanks to all

once again,great info

chears

Jackcoms 16:45 19 Oct 06

For what is worth, I use Spyware Blaster to 'block' malware and Windows Defender click here for 'real time' protection.

I also use A-Squared click here as an additional scanner.

nikef 07:31 20 Oct 06

thanks jackcoms

i have those too

cheers

birdface 08:12 20 Oct 06

Nikef,You should have kept Spyware Doctor,It's far superior to some of the other one's you have,You want something you can rely on, This is the one,Had mine for over three years, Would not part with it,Its the one program on your computer that wont let you down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple