spyware cant find browser hijacker

armacomroll 11:56 11 Nov 05

I am being redirected to other websites and think I must have a browser hijacker. I am using AVG free antivirous with spybot search and destroy, ad-aware and also microsoft anti spyware. None of these are finding anything. Could anyone suggest how to find and destroy whatever is lurking on my computer.

VideoSentry 12:07 11 Nov 05

Sorry, but I do not a clue, but those that do, will need to know what browser you are using? As the solution will vary -I think.

TomG 12:07 11 Nov 05

Please can you clarify "being redirected to other websites" - do you mean your home page has changed or are you clicking on pop ups?

gudgulf 12:16 11 Nov 05

Download and run Ccleaner click here to clear all your temporary files.Run the Issues function as well and remove all that it finds.

Now boot into safe mode....tap F8 as th computer boots and run all you antispyware programs whilst in safe mode.

Whilst you have MS Antispyware open click on Advanced Tools and then Browser Restore.Tick all the boxes and click on the restore button to reset all your internet explorer settings.

If this doesn't work then you need to know what is running on your system. Hijack This click here will tell you but you are best posting the results on this Forum click here as the 800 word limit on this site means you have to post the log in parts.

armacomroll 12:30 11 Nov 05

TO TomG and VideoSentry - when I type a web address into the tiscali browser and mozilla firefox browser the address suddenly changes and an entirely differrent website is downloaded not always very nice.
TO gudolulf- thanks I will try your suggestions.

wotbus@ 13:44 11 Nov 05

You definitely have Malware on board - and it should be removed as a matter of priority. Are you able to search the net at all, as responses to this thread will be relevant or not depending on your answer.

rawprawn 13:51 11 Nov 05

click here Download and update this program then scan in safe mode (Tap F8 on boot)You should also turn system restore OFF before scanning, don't forget to turn it back on. If that fails you need to post a Hijack this log here click here

wotbus@ 13:53 11 Nov 05

Hi rawprawn. Not sure if he/she can download anything as he keeps getting redirected! Perhaps this will be clarified soon.

rawprawn 14:19 11 Nov 05

Point taken wotbus@, if he can't do that I suggest scanning with all his antispyware and AVG in safe mode, not forgetting to turn system restore off.Also look in MS Antispyware / Tools /Advanced Tools/Browser Hijack settings restore.

armacomroll 14:34 11 Nov 05

yes I can search the net. I I have difficulty I will use someone elses computer

ACOLYTE 14:38 11 Nov 05

If you made backups with MS antispy of your IE settings you can you this app to restore them to before this happened.In fact it may have done it for you,open MS spyware goto advanced tools and hit the browser restore button,it might list the settings that were ther when it was insalled,tick the ones you want restoring.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now