Spyware Blaster problems

tonyx1302 21:18 10 Oct 07

I am trying to re-install SpywareBlaster. It downloads ok but when I try to update it tells me that I am not connected to the Internet !

I have re-installed three times but always get the same message.

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated

Tony

bluto1 21:28 10 Oct 07

How are you connected to the internet.?
Is it possibly an answer to disconnect completely then reconnect? This sometimes works.

bluto1 21:29 10 Oct 07

Is it possibly to disconnect completely then reconnect? This sometimes works.

bluto1 21:29 10 Oct 07

Is it possibly to disconnect completely then reconnect? This sometimes works.

bluto1 21:31 10 Oct 07

Where did 'an answer' come from, sorry, and especially for the tripled finger disease.

tonyx1302 21:40 10 Oct 07

Thanks bluto1 x3 !!! I will try your suggestion and disconnect my router then re connect and will post back

Tony

tonyx1302 21:47 10 Oct 07

No luck. Unfortunatly disconnecting didn't solve the problem. Still getting the " Cannot establish a connection to download. Please check your Internet conn. and try again ". I have. About six times !
Tony

beeuuem 21:56 10 Oct 07

Have you looked under the options tab in Update to check the connection variables?

tonyx1302 21:59 10 Oct 07

Thanks beeuuem and yes I've tried all the different options avail still cannot get up dated.

Tony

bluto1 22:19 10 Oct 07

In the past week or so I've had similar things happen here. I tried to download a Spybot update and couldn't for no apparent reason.
So having done what you did a few times I decided on sterner action. First, cCleaner, followed by Disc Cleaner, AdAware and AVG75 Antispyware, and finally Avast!4.
Avast found 2 viruses, AdAware found 56 spyware items (2 MRU objects and 44 trojans mostly rubbish but one of them was a Dropper.)
I then uninstalled every vestige of Spybot I could and re installed, with the update, successfully.
Was I paranoid or not? I don't know why I've typed all this but it's another direction to look in.

Perhaps System Restore might turn out to be an option I said grasping for a third straw.

tonyx1302 23:26 10 Oct 07

Sorry for the late reply bluto1and many thanks for coming back. Will try all your suggestions first thing in the morning, but have just tried a restore but the problem persists.

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos