spyware BEWARE

willhay 20:36 26 Feb 03

I recently installed Kazoom and it littered my PC with spyware, I have got rid of a load of the crap, but am left with a folder in my program folders called bargain buddy and i cannot delete it, is all I get is access denied. Adaware doesnt see it, anyone know how to delete it

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:42 26 Feb 03
  willhay 21:18 26 Feb 03

nope cant get rid of it

willhay 21:19 26 Feb 03

apparetley I have to unregister the file but it wont let me if i use the command in the link

Mike2002 21:42 26 Feb 03

Have you tried the latest AdAware - version 6?
It's vastly improved, only just come out, but already there are 'signature updates' available.
Also there's another free program (I've got both) called 'Spybot - Search and Destroy' (2.4MB).
Here's the download link: click here
It comes with a 'Use at your own risk' warning, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I had a self-installed program called 'Free Scratch and Win' which wouldn't let me delete it,
saying that it was being used by Windows. I don't know how, but I removed it eventually.

willhay 21:46 26 Feb 03

got shot off, thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…