Spyware, Adware + backdoor trojan. Grrrrrrrrr!

Elvenator 08:43 20 Jul 04

Hi,

Had problems with Spyware etc, so bought Spyware Nuker about a month ago for $29. I have to constantly use this every 5 minutes while logged on and I still get pop ups warning me of spyware!!Also now have a permanent pop up from my Norton antivirus software saying I have Backdoor:Trojan! Help! How can I get rid of this annoying stuff without spending more money. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Thanks
Elve

Stuartli 08:53 20 Jul 04

Search and Destroy 1.3, Ad-aware6 and SpywareBlaster are all free, all very efficient, all continuously praised in these forums...

Where have you been?

There's also AVG6, the free version of Grisoft's anti-virus utility.

All need to be kept updated on a consistent basis.

The Spires 09:36 20 Jul 04

A2 Free edition is a good Trojan detector / remover. click here

Al94 10:17 20 Jul 04

Despite having Spybot, Adaware, Spywareblaster and AVG6 (all kept religiously up to date) I too managed to get a Trojan this week, Trojan Horse Downloader Agent 2.K. It was hard to get rid of as it kep reappearing in a file C:\warpigs.exe. After a tip from a forum member I downloaded the trial version of AVG 7 which got rid of it. Think I'll purchase it now.

Elvenator 08:26 21 Jul 04

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice. Much needed! I am not a computer whizz so not great with these things!
I hope these downloads help!!

Elve

bertiecharlie 09:32 21 Jul 04

There is information about SpywareNuker on this site. click here
As you've got the new version you might be okay with it but it has a chequered past. You have to make your own mind up about it.

This link was posted by Vog a few weeks back and it certainly opens your eyes up as to what's going on in the world of anti spyware programmes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…