Spyware Advert

musopoet 16:34 03 Aug 05

A black page has appeared on my desk top, whilst accessing the internet, with a message informing me that my pc might be infected with spyware or adware. It advises me to click here to get the latest spyware removal software - which I don't need - I have McAfee.

Cannot rid myself of this or the little red exlamation mark icon which has appeared at the bottom of my desk top. Am also getting messages popping up on my screen informing me that my pc has been infected.

Have ran a virus check and deleted some files but this page or the red exlamation icon won't leave my desk top.

What can I do to erase this page/icon from desk top?

rawprawn 16:37 03 Aug 05

Try scanning &deleting it safe mode (Tap F8 when booting)

rawprawn 16:46 03 Aug 05

It has just struck me that you have scanned using a virus scanner, It is more likely to be got rid of scanning usin A² click here Download and scan with this in safe mode if needs be.

rawprawn 18:47 03 Aug 05

Also click here download and run together with these on a regular basis, and keep them up to date click here and this one runs in the background click here all are well used by members of this forum.

dogbreath1 21:41 03 Aug 05

It may be a spam message sent via the Windows Messenger service. click here
for details about this service and how to disable it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…