themexican 21:32 23 Nov 05

Hi, I've just carried out a spyware scan using spyware doctor and all the risks are showing as 'low'. Should I try and remove these threats or are they ok to leave. They're all from advertisers, storing cookies. Thanx

jbp1982 21:39 23 Nov 05

unless you need the cookies, remove them. They remember logins, and options on any shopping sites like play.com. Like "recently viewed items" and so on.

Totally-braindead 21:45 23 Nov 05

I don't know Spyware Doctor. I use adaware, which is free and I've also paid the subscription for Counterspy, about £15 for a year I think it was. Both of these programs I know you can use and safely remove anything they flag up but whether your program is the same I just don't know. If Spyware Doctor allows you to go back and reinsert anything that it removes that perhaps it shouldn't then ok, delete everything but I would check its readme file or instructions first.

PaulB2005 22:00 23 Nov 05

Cookies are not worth worrying about.

fornix 22:01 23 Nov 05

I also use Adaware click here
and Spybot click here
and run both regularly.

I allow Adaware to delete all of the cookies because I don't care if sites don't recognise me when I visit again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…