spyware

tony-guitar 00:16 03 Sep 05

Hi there, I've just run a spyware check using Microsoft/ Ad-Aware and Spybot's utilities. Ad-Aware always shows up 'data miners'. What are they? Everything else was clear, however while watching the "Spybot" search i saw entries for: Tango, Cool Web Search, i search, spy shepherd and VX2. How is this possible? Microsoft always throws up a red box whenever these appear, and it should have removed them anyway. Any suggestions? Thanks

Stuartli 00:18 03 Sep 05

Most Data Miners, IIRC, are fairly minor problems although I do ensure that, on the rare occasion I come across one, that it is sent packing.

woodchip 00:28 03 Sep 05

They are phone home cookies

ashdav 00:46 03 Sep 05

click here
download and install this and the problems should stop. Don't forget to update it regularly or watch this forum. Someone usually posts that there is an update available.

VoG II 08:28 03 Sep 05

When you run Spybot it shows the spyware it is searching for. It displays what it actually found at the end of the scan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…