shandykid 18:31 12 Jul 05

Hi all - i've been 'infected' with AURORA for the past three months. I cannot get rid of it. I've tried spybott and MS Antispyware (plus others!)....but it just keeps coming back. I'm on AOL and it seems to appearing as soon as I log onto MSN Messenger. Any advice appreciated (however radical) as I'm beginning to go crazy!
Many thanks in advance.

Completealias 18:36 12 Jul 05

Try downloading ccleaner click here stick to the windows tab and clear all that it finds. Disable system restore this will clear out all restore points but nasties can hide in there.

Rerun your scans but let them reboot in between scans it may be worth running them in safe mode. Have you tried a2 click here also run a scan with your anti virus apps as well.

If after you have run all the normal scans the problem still persists you will need to download hijack this and post a logfile to click here

Luigimario5000 18:43 12 Jul 05

Update all of your anti-spyware tools!
Trust me I had downloaded Spybot and cleared 15 entries, then I updated and cleared 180 + entries!

Nellie2 19:31 12 Jul 05

Hi shandykid... I'm afraid that fixing aurora/nail takes a little more than running CCleaner and spybot.

Could I suggest you have a look click here post a hijack log and someone will help you with it.

I would have a look here for you, but hijack logs don't post very well here

andrew-196854 19:38 12 Jul 05

this i supposed to get rid of it worth a try click here

Nellie2 19:47 12 Jul 05

Please don't download or install anything from that link. Direct Revenue/Abetterinternet are purveyors of spyware/malware... infact, Direct Revenue are behind Aurora. Here is a bit of information from Spyware Warrior click here

andrew-196854 19:49 12 Jul 05

Nellie2 19:50 12 Jul 05

No worries... you weren't to know! ;-)

andrew-196854 19:52 12 Jul 05

i know i should not say this but read it in another magazine thought it would be ok i guess not

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…