SPYWARE

bpzoom 23:16 30 Jan 05

Windows XP Home SP2, regular SpyBot and Adaware user, firewall and anti virus, so why am I worried? I would like to see an opinion on the relative merits of the free Spybot and Adaware software against similar software which costs you money. My clued up friend pays $12 per year for Pest Control from CA Associates, the same people who supply my EZ anti virus. Granted Pest Control says it automatically updates and protects, which presumably means you do not have to sit there as you do with SpyBot and Adaware while they do their business. Are there any other advantages with the pay-for software, such as greater efficiency at finding problems? I assume there must be otherwise why bother paying when the above two are dished out and updated free?

VoG II 23:24 30 Jan 05

You don't need to pay for programs but you are missing click here click here click here and click here

Chezdez 23:35 30 Jan 05

nah, free stuff is everybit as good for home users

in a buisness enviroment, where you have thousands upon thousands of pounds of equipment, not to mention the pontential value of the data on the equipment, then you may want to consider going for the pay versions.

bpzoom 00:44 31 Jan 05

Thanks to you both. The point about commercial and private needs is well taken. I should have been less hasty when sending the string, because I did not mention A2 square and Spyblaster which I also have.I will look at the others as well Vog. Many thanks indeed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…