spyware

CHILLS 10:24 06 Aug 04

This one is doing my head in..Know reasonable amount about computers... but have a search engine that has no name that keeps changing start page as fast as spysweeper changes it back.Have gone through all files folders, virtually every registry entree,cannot see any names that i can put done to this.
have now run Ad adware, spysweeper,
spybot and none of them seem to find this.
Strange thing is every time the search engine page is on immedieatly a pop up box is telling me that i have spyware installed,and prompting me to download anti spyware..but no mention of names. almost as if it knew.have never had this box before even with other spyware files infected, that get deleted..If anyone has any suggestions i am willing to listen, this one is getting me done, no such much the problem but the intrusion and cant get rid of it as usually can..Thanks

stalion 11:02 06 Aug 04

try running this to see if it can find it
click here

Belatucadrus 11:09 06 Aug 04

click here you may need to follow the pop up to see who lumbered you with the scare ware before you can delete it.

click here for a list of free tools to try, most of which you've got. Kill2me may be worth a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…