Spyware

El jimbo 11:08 09 Jul 04

I run spybot regularly and it elimanates spyware, but the same lot keep coming back. Is there any way I can delete the files that cause this manually? I am not a technogeek, and I do't want to delete the wrong files.

TommyRed 11:38 09 Jul 04

Try installing SpywareBlaster which prevents spyware etc being installed in the first place. Remember to check for updates regularly or autoupdate. click here HTH TR

spuds 11:43 09 Jul 04

You could install SpywareBlaster, this will help with censoring before it reaches SpyBot, so you should get less 'hits'. You can download the latest version of SpywareBlaster from click here

I have a good combination of 'free' anti's, which seems to solve most of my spyware problems: Adaware-SpyBot-SpywareBlaster.

El jimbo 13:36 09 Jul 04

spuds/tommyred,

I have za firewall (free version), why do I need spyblaster aswell. Doesn't the za firewall do all that?

€dstowe 14:08 09 Jul 04

If I may interject - firewallls don't protect against spyware but the point I want to raise is: be careful not to confuse Spyblaster and SpywareBlaster. They are two separate programs the former, I am told, is rubbish and full of spyware itself. I can't vouch for that but, SpywareBlaster is the one you want.

€d

TommyRed 14:21 09 Jul 04

I also have za (free version)as prev stated za does not protect against spyware and even SpywareBlaster doesn't catch it all but it certainly has dramatically reduced it on my system. HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…