Spyware

denali 10:23 12 Mar 04

I have been following the threads on the forum regarding spyware. I have been thinking about downloading Spybot, but, on following links, again provided by this forum, it appears it is not for the inexperienced user "Warning it is not a good programme for the inexperienced user. If you want to use this programme, please get the advise of those more experienced before "fixing" anything it finds". It would be hard to find anyone less inexperienced than me so would someone please advise me.
Many thanks

obbit 10:29 12 Mar 04

lots of us use spybot without problems. i removed everything it found. pc and programs still working.

get ad-aware too and then spywareblaster.

the first 2 remove spies and spywareblaster stops them reinstalling.

hope i haven't repeated anything you already know.

spywareblaster click here

ad-aware click here

edstowe 10:34 12 Mar 04

The current version of Spybot S&D is much safer than previous ones and you can use it quite safely PROVIDED you read the tutorial and instructions before you do any deleting etc. It will not remove things from your machine without your permission so if there is a doubtful entry it wants to take out, come back and someone will advise.

I suggest you download the other two items that obbit recommends as well.

Ed

byfordr 10:59 12 Mar 04

You could always make a back up first using Spybot, then use the Recovery option if you remove something you need.

R

denali 11:26 12 Mar 04

Thank you all for the excellent responce.
I will follow all the advise
Denis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…