Spyvest install

simon17 16:20 16 Aug 04

I've tried loading the program from the cd rom that came with the recent edition of pc advisor, but the install appears to hang on a screen headed clickteam install creator, with the next and back buttons greyed out and only the exit button active. If this is selected, the program does not run. Any ideas? Also is it compatible with ad-aware?

VoG II 17:34 16 Aug 04

Are you sure that you want to do this click here

Belatucadrus 18:27 16 Aug 04

SpyVest is based around AdAware 6, so there isn't much point in running both. It seems to offer some features not found in the free version of 6, but is probably not as capable as the brand new AdAware SE.

As they put it on the CD maybe PCA can be persuaded to run some comparisons.

simon17 18:40 16 Aug 04

Thanks. I have the paid for version of ad aware and so will cease to try and install spyvest

simon17 18:41 16 Aug 04

Thanks. I have the paid for version of ad aware and so will cease to try and install spyvest

LillyValley 10:17 02 Sep 04

You're right, it does not run. TaskManager does not seem to show a Spyvest related process running either.

herc182 10:48 02 Sep 04

So is the Spyvest software provided on the PCA CD ok? I have installed it and run it regularly and it seems to pick up spy ware. should i be looking elsewhere? and if so does anyone know of a free version i could download?

thanks

LillyValley 08:48 03 Sep 04

Well, SpyVest now runs on my Windows XP Pro system, after I chose to run it in Win2K compatibility mode. And here is how:

1. Do not run SpyVest once installed from PCA disk

2. Goto Start/All Programs/right-click on SpyVest/left-click on Properties/left-click on Compatibility and select to 'Run this program to run in compatibility mode for ' Windows 2000.

3. Run Spyvest

4. Enter username as 'SpyVest'

5. Serial number as on PC Advisor disk (next to Install' button)

:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…