SpySubtract

sinbad1 19:06 17 Feb 05

Hi

just come across SpySubtract any of you guys any veiws on this software

Thanks

VoG II 19:10 17 Feb 05

It is OK click here but why pay for something when there are plenty of free programs available?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:11 17 Feb 05

Can't see the point, the new MS antispy should be just as good and will help prevent trojans etc landing on your computer. Use Ccleaner and Adaware (all free) and you will be well protected.

G

sinbad1 20:44 17 Feb 05

Thanks for your response it was just the write that indicated it dug a little deeper than others.

i have ms antispyware and adware se, and spyblaster.

these adware progs all seem to find different problems,some are rouge programs and some are ok,its a bit like antivirus programs some will catch a virus and some will miss them.

Wouldn't it be good to have one antivirus ,one anti-adware program that was 100%

Seems we are destined to have lots of different programs to do the same job to cure our paranoya.

sinbad1 21:13 17 Feb 05

I have downloaded the trial version of SpySubract
and run the program just to experiment.

I run a progam called bearshare which i know has some adware bundled in the software (low priority)
Spyblaster doesn't pick this up,adware se picks it up as a low priority as does ms antispyware which i can delete or quarentine.I am still able to run the progam again with no warnings.

SpySubtract picked up the adware and registry files then i deleted them.I was then unable to run bearshare as missing dll.Seems to me SpySubract found more than the others.However wether its worth the purchase i dont know as you say there are plenty of free ones out there : but thought i would give it a try.

Ankermi31 17:04 19 Feb 05

Hi, I was having problems with the speed of my IE so downloaded a couple of spywares.

One of which has been SpySubtract and I am finding it very good but then its all a matter of choice.

Have received a half price offer in the last two days so just maybe $14 instead of $29 at the current exchange rate might be worth it?

anniel 17:25 19 Feb 05

It found Limewire e on my PC... which I did not want to delete.

Sinbad, I agree with you...I have Spyware Blaster, Microsoft antispyware, CCleaner, AdAware SE, Spybot, WinPatrol,Bazooka, Sygate Firewall, Avast Virus Cleaner and AV A Squared anti malware, Spyhunter which is bundled with System mechanic...we have all these and yet recently I still had a Trojan, which I got rid of by using both McAfee Stinger and Symantec Fix Tool.

It seems to me you can have every conceivable programme and still get caught.

So,come on experts , what is a mere mortal to do?

sinbad1 18:46 19 Feb 05

Whats the point of all these programs all attempting to do the same job.
I have reached the point where i'll have one antivirus and one adware program and get rid of the rest.
If i do encounter any problems I can use the free antivirus tests checksclick here
or the free adware tests,and make more usful space on my computer.
With Ghost image why should i worry.
so the answer to your conundrum 'what is a mere mortal to do'Stop being paranoid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now