spyfalcon

Jaynedoe 08:01 16 Mar 06

Hi Guys
what appeared to be a windows pop-up appeared yesterday saying there was an updtaed codec for windows media player. At the same time a pop-up appeared to update Adobe Acrobat. I clicked to install both. Now a program called spyfalcon keeps coming on. I have run a squared, Norton, spybot, adaware and all find 2 probs called vcodec and spyfalcon. I then click to remove them but on reboot they reappear. I then googled the name and followed a sequence to supposedly get rid of this pain and it did on restart but on a full reboot it come back again. Any ideas how to get rid of this please? And why is it allowed to mimic a microsoft update?
ps Intel 4 3.6gig. Win xp home. 1 gig ram.
Many thanks
Jayne

remind 08:05 16 Mar 06

they do that to trick you.
take a look here click here

remind 08:13 16 Mar 06

get spybot and spywareblaster too, at the very least
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:30 16 Mar 06

SpyFalcon Removal
click here

Jaynedoe 20:12 16 Mar 06

Thanks guys. I couldnt follow all those instructions on the web site but what I did was d/l the stuff you told me about then install SmitRemFix then install remove_spyfalcon.reg, i ran both these then a squared then Norton then adware then spyblaster then stinger, then spybot, then ewido. Then in add remove i uninstalled spyfalcon and ran the malware stuff again all of it. Rebooted and it seems to have gone. Hope it stays that way. Thanks again I couldnt have done it without you lot. xx
Jayne.

nerawan 20:44 16 Mar 06

Just trying to keep this thread with me. A month ago I had the same problem and the only solution I had was to reinstall windows.

Jaynedoe 22:25 16 Mar 06

OOps it hasnt gone its back now but with a different name. It seems to be tied into Adobe Acrobat 7.0.7. That pops up and says its been updated and to restart computer and when I did the damn thing was back again.

VoG II 22:27 16 Mar 06

Run HJT click here and post the log on the Malware Removal forum click here (not here!).

Jaynedoe 08:31 28 Mar 06

Hi Guys
thought I would just let you know what happened. Got the techi from work to come see. He went through the removal procedure twice and upon reboot it still came back. First as Adobe 7.07 then as Norton 8.0 update pop-ups. When u click on these to update the damn thing comes back again. So he just copied all my files to his drive thingy and formatted the computer and reinstalled everything and all is ok now. I dont understand why these people are allowed to do this. They must have an address to pay so why dont someone prosecute them? It causes havoc. Anyway thanks for input guys.
Jayne.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…