SpyCatcher Express

Angry Kid 11:30 05 Mar 06

Morning all,

I have just done a scan using this program for the first time and it has highlighted the following files as suspicious.

CloseHWDialog.exe
E FATIAJE.EXE /P30
EMChatScan.ocx
howl.dll
MP2enc.dll
ncCompress.dll
ncUtil62.dll
ncvDS61.dll
nc2lib.dll
NMH040A.DLL
RegistrationId.dll
RunUnknown.exe
ssunstl.exe
Unwash5.exe
WNMHINDR.EXE
ZPORT4AS.dll

I wonder if anyone can tell me what to do with these type of files it has listed?

Angry ;)

spuds 11:46 05 Mar 06

Not sounding alarmist, but be very careful about what you delete.I cannot help you on the above very much, but looking at some of the titles, I would be very dubious about removing them.

Someone recently place a listing about certain spy-catching programmes, that were best avoided. Perhaps someone still as the link available.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:27 05 Mar 06

Rouge antispyware click here

Spycatcher does NOT seem to be listed as rougue antispyware. Did you pay for it?

All these are free and very good
Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
a2 click here
MSoftAntispy Beta click here
Ewido click here

Download update and scan with Adaware if it finds the same thing then let it delete it.

mark2 12:32 05 Mar 06

click here for a list of rogue anti-spyware apps,

quote.. Users are advised to rely on the short list of Trustworthy Anti-Spyware Products click here with deserved reputations for quality performance. /end quote

I don't see spycatcher express in the rogue list, however it also doesn't appear in the recommended list

Angry Kid 12:54 05 Mar 06

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. I have to admit that I have the usual programs as mentioned by Fruit Bat, and I have had none of these items flagged up with those progs.

This program was downloaded by my wife. However, following your posts, I have decided to advise her to remove it, until someone can really sing its praises.

Thanks again guys.

Angry ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…