//some 3rd party need geo

Spybotted out of IE

LordyLordy 19:53 03 Jun 04

Help - I installed Spybot and set a control to block access to changing IE settings. Then I couldn't change them myself, so I uninstalled. Then I reinstalled to change blocked settings, but still no joy. So now I'm stuck with a Netsearch IE splashpage and can't access my IE settings to change them. Have you had this problem???

VoG II 19:55 03 Jun 04
  VoG II 20:38 03 Jun 04

via e-mail

Thanks VoG - tried this, but it didn't work. Maybe I'll try again...it was late, and I was tired!!

--------------------------------

Any other ideas folks?

VoG II 20:46 03 Jun 04

Another e-mail

I was wondering - I work on both a Mac and a PC. On a Mac you can just bin the IE preferences. Can you do similar on a PC?

============================

Please respond by using the "Add a new response" box at the bottom of the page. The e-mail facility is for private messages between forum members.

canard 21:33 03 Jun 04

My internet options suddenly announced that I no longer had permission to change and refused to produce the menu. But when I clicked view- privacy report the settings were all there to alter as usual. Later I ran updated adaware which reported a registry change and when this was quarantined tools- internet options was back to normal. The only change I'd made to PC was to install HTAstop. Removing this had not cured prob. But when I put HTAstop back my internet options were unaffected, So no idea what caused the bother.

canard 21:35 03 Jun 04

PS I'd changeed spybot settings somewhere around the same time so it might have been that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…