spybott

Cesare 07:45 08 May 07

Spybott always finds the folowing as malware and I do not dare delete them:-
Microsoft windowsSecurityCentre.Firewalloverride and Microsoft.Security.InternetExplorer.
Spybot says, 'Registry Change'
Has anyone experienced this please ?

check your anti virus database is up to date ad run a full scan

what other antispware programs have you got?

try
click here update and scan

and
click here

it could be a false positive but best to do scans to make sure.

Cesare 09:02 08 May 07

Sorry for delay in answering but I could not get in PCA for some unknown reason.
I uninstalled my Spybott and downloaded and installed the latest one. Same results occured. Now I read the info from SpybotSandra and I will do as she says. I have Windows Defender, AVG free, Spywareblaster and AdawareS & D. Nothing found except the usual cookies.

Cesare 09:26 08 May 07

The advice by the Spybot team Sandra does not work because when I r/clk each item in turn I do not get the word,'exclude this detection from future scans', highlighted, so it does not function.

VCR97 18:48 08 May 07
  Cesare 08:56 09 May 07

VCR97....This is exactly like what THE RAVEN gave me earlier on. I cannot follow these instructions because the required words are not highlighted unfortunately, but THANKS just the same. I have put my thread on the Spybot forum now and awaiting some sort of reply.

Lotte 16:03 09 May 07

You need to expand the warning by clicking the + sign. Then when you right click you can get to the ignore option.

Cesare 17:18 09 May 07

Thanks Lotte; I tried as you said but it was still not highlighted BUT I changed Spybot to Advanced mode, went on Settings and ticked (in the malware list) all the Microsoft Security entries listed to exclude their detection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…