spybot/spyware blaster conflict

Head hurts 10:55 27 Aug 04

i use windows xp with spybot 1.3.1 beta version and spyware blaster 3.2. a system scan with spybot reveals 4 entries of StartPage-EH which is apparently a trojan when i select the fix option it deletes this entry but on checking spyware blaster the restricted sites entry reveals 4 coolwebsearch pages unticked so i retick them protect them and lo and behold spybot again finds this StartPage-EH and so it goes on. i have a fully up to date norton antivirus which does not find this trojan. all checks have been run in safe mode with system restore turned off. does anyone know if this is in fact a trojan or just a conflict between spybot and spyware blaster if not a conflict how can i get rid of StartPage-EH? any help much appreciated

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:59 27 Aug 04
  jimv7 11:19 27 Aug 04

Why not download the free full version of spybot, I run spybot and spywareblaster with no conflicts.

Head hurts 16:33 27 Aug 04

Thanks for the link which explains the problem and hopefully a patch will be available soon.
Thanks to GANDALF and those who you regularly see giving advice to people like myself who are keen but less skilled and i suspect have less patience or knowledge as to where to look for these answers. It seems obvious that i should have checked this site first but oops! i did not but will do in future. again thanks to those who keep the rest of us on the right tracks.

canard 17:17 27 Aug 04

Head hurts same here since I opted for beta updates.Didn't happen before so must be bugs in the beta.Have also had since last non beta update trojan BackOrifice.B twice. Second time I checked the file in Win temp and it was 0 bytes. No mention of this BO online anywhere except in relation to running SB. All very mysterious!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…