Spybot and XP SP2

Abel 17:41 26 Feb 06

The Spybot interface is so distorted when installing new software, that it is impossible to accept any changes. In other words, the accept button is obliterated. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution? Incidentally, this also happens on an identical machine belongoing to a friend.

Abel

anskyber 17:47 26 Feb 06

OK here, sorry.

bluto1 17:57 26 Feb 06

Mines ok too Abel.

Coff 18:42 26 Feb 06

If you can't see the Accept or Deny Buttons in TeaTimer (SpyBot's resident protection) use the A or D keys.

dogbreath1 18:43 26 Feb 06

Yup. I know exactly what you mean. However, although there must be a remedy for this problem (and I don't know the answer to that), you can get Spybot to accept a change by clicking on the extreme upper edge of the button.

And it can't be too rare a problem, coz I know at least three other PC's which display this behaviour.

VCR97 18:55 26 Feb 06

Is this what you mean?click here

skidzy 19:01 26 Feb 06

If spybot has been corrupted,i suggest you uninstall it...run ccleaner click here
Reboot and download spybot again with updates

VCR97 19:05 26 Feb 06

The obscured Accept/Deny button problem is a bug in Spybot 1.4 and not a corruption. See my link above.

skidzy 19:10 26 Feb 06

Sorry vcr,didnt check your link ....

Abel 21:07 26 Feb 06

Yes, VCR 97! That's exactly what happens Thank goodness there's an answer to the problem! Many thanks to all the contributors, especially you VCR97. Where do you glean all this info from?

Abel

terryf 21:41 26 Feb 06

I re-installed SpyBot and left out TeaTimer, Spy Sweeper IMO does a better job until the bug in Spybot is fixed whenever they get round to it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now