Spybot v. Anonymizer

Tycho 14:15 12 Feb 05

I have just dowloaded the new version on ZoneAlarm and on the same page was a free scan by Anonymizer. It found 14 items. I then tested the system with Spybot which found nothing. Is anonymizer inventing a threat to increase sales or is Spybot less efficient? I have just checked for the latest version of Spybot.

T

Jackcoms 15:43 12 Feb 05

"Is anonymizer inventing a threat to increase sales or is Spybot less efficient?"

Spybot is FREE and regularly recommended in this Forum (I use it).

It would appear that Anonymizer (which I've never heard of), from what you say, has to be paid for.

Why buy something, when the free product is regularly recommended and used by many of the 'oldies' in this Forum?

Tycho 16:12 12 Feb 05

I suppose you are right. Its just that Anon... appeared to find stuff that SB missed.

T

gudgulf 16:29 12 Feb 05

I've just tried it......and it found 2 items of spyware in my registry.SpybotS&D did not find anything.Neither did Adaware,a2,Bazooka or Giant/Microsoft antispyware!

The culprit was MediaPlayer 10!!!!!!

Don't think I will be buying Anonymiser.One other point is that I have a healthy mistrust of any application that will find things but not remove them unless you pay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…