SpyBot Update Problem Freeze

spuds 20:57 11 Nov 03

I am having problems trying to update SpyBot.Everytime I check for updates, I am informed that updates are available, and the site connects to UniDo [Europe].From there nothing happens, except my programme freezes.Eventually XP Pro kicks in, to state that a serious error as occurred.I have un-installed,re-installed Spybot a number of times, via two routes, either computer cover cd disk or internet download.Still same problems.

Help.advice gladly appreciated.Before I dispose of SkyBot off my system. Should add, that I also have Ad-Aware which is working fine.

accord 21:04 11 Nov 03

Just updated mine ok from the UniDo[Europe] server.

Connection via NTL BB 600k XP home

LastChip 21:12 11 Nov 03

I would think twice before getting rid of it.

This same question came up last week, click here and many found they could download successfully by using a mirror site. Personally, I used the USA site without a problem, and others used Australia, which seems sensible, as most of them are in bed whilst we a chatting away!

Give it a go, before you give up!

CODEYE 21:19 11 Nov 03

I have just installed SPYBOT on my windows XP computer tonight. I used PCA free disk. After installing i updated SPYBOT and have had no problems. It did take awhile to download with no indication that it was downloading.

accord 21:30 11 Nov 03

Codeye

You should have a download bar at the bottom of the screen to show the download status.

Now that you have installed and updated spybot, make sure you have ad-aware installed aswell. i have found that they pick up different things.

canute44 21:42 11 Nov 03

spuds, I had this problem the other evening but remembered some advice (elsewhere on pcadvisor site, I think) about downloading from the Australia site. This worked well. I am on Windows Me.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:06 11 Nov 03

took three attempts to download. First two came up with red circle and exclamation mark, instead of green tick.

Left it for a day and success next try.

CDL 23:20 11 Nov 03

Had a similar problem - used the USA site and all OK now

spuds 23:30 11 Nov 03

I will give it another try. Seems strange though, when I try update from a mirror site, it always directs me to, and locks me into the UniDo site.Plus similar troubles as canute44 and barryoneoff.

Thanks again everyone.

CODEYE 23:37 13 Nov 03

sorry just seen your message,
the download bar is working ok now it was only on the first download nothing showed.
I have ad-aware installed already.
Everything is working fine.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…